Today I complete my Alphabet Project. It was interesting to do, as with each picture, I tried to also experiment with a different style, lighting (lightbox, window, natural), location, subject or post process. This ranged from playing with depth of field images in my backyard and with vertorama’s at a lake, high-key images at a state landmark, dark spooky textures in the garage and using editors like qtpfsgui to edit a cityscape and CS5 to do selective coloring, to things I never heard of, like the Brenizer Method - involving 10′s to 100′s of images stitched together. But best of all, this project really got me out there, playing in all sorts of locations I would otherwise not really end up in (like standing 25 yards in front of a marathon at the start of the race). Even threw in a selfie, a nude, and a family portrait, just to mix things up. Check out the entire series on Flickr.
I will also be starting a new project this week entitled, “In Your Shoes” so stay tuned!