Someone posed the question on Flickr today, asking my thoughts on getting tack-sharp photos. Well, my theory is pretty simple, but would love to hear your thoughts as well:
- Tripod. No matter what.
- Sharp lens at it’s sweetest spot. (I like the Carl Zeiss 85mm @ f/4 range – give or take a bit)
- Wired or wireless trigger. Again, remove all chances of shake.
- Lock up the mirror prior to the shot. Reduces a minute amount of shake.
- Focus on the eyes.
- Did I mention a tripod?
- Lighting can always help to keep the shutter fast, giving your subject less chance to flinch.
- Damn, don’t have a #10. Let’s throw in the tripod again.
What do you think?